Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Acute stress releases chronic stress

I somehow like acute stress (even though to me other things are an acute stressor than for other people, I guess). Because when I'm stressed I don't have time to think about all these thinks that worry me. When I'm stressed I'm in the moment. Not worrying about the future and other stuff going on. This is why I like data-collection. I know exacty what I have to do; yet it is very stressful because I have a lot of things to do at nearly the same time. Today wasn't exactly stressful, because I hadn't had a strait/tight schedule, but it felt even more stressful because I didn't know where to start and what to do at first and when I tried to do one thing it came to my mind that other things would probably be more urgend, so I break off my task and started a new one and so on... I couldn't concentrate on one thing for two minutes... So, I'm looking forward to the next period of acute stress. Then I will worry, but at least I will worry about less things.


No comments:

Post a Comment